6 tbsp Parokar Kachi Ghani mustard oil
3/4 cup garlic (lehsun) cloves , peeled
1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
4 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp chilli powder
2 tsp finely chopped jaggery (gur)
1 1/2 tsp salt
To Be Ground Coarsely For Masala
4 tsp split mustard seeds (rai na kuria)
1/2 tsp crushed fenugreek (methi) seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 tsp split coriander seeds (dhana na kuria)
1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1) Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan till smoky.
2) Add the garlic cloves and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
3) Add the lemon juice, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4) Add the chilli powder, jaggery and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes or till the jaggery dissolves.
5) Switch off the flame, add the masala powder to the cooked garlic mixture and mix thoroughly.
6) Cool and bottle in a sterilised glass jar.
7) Store in a cool dry place. This pickle is ready for the table after 1 week.