2 tbsp Paropkar Kachi Ghani Mustard oil for shallow frying plus 1 tbsp for marinade
Juice of half a lime
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Fresh salad and lime wedges to serve
1) Clean the pomfret fish and make deep incision across the fish on both side about 1 inch apart. Smaer with the lemon juice and salt and crushed pepper and keep aside for 10 mins.
2) Now dry roast the chickpeas flour in a small pan until just fragrant but the colour does not change.
3) Mix ginger garlic paste, turmeric, red chilli, kashmiri chilli, coriander pwd together in a bowl. Then mix in the carom seed, garam masala pwd, 1 tbsp oil and the roasted chickpeas flour.
4) Marinate the pomfret in this spice mixture for 15 mins.
5) Heat remaining oil in a non stick pan and fry the marinated fish along with all the marinade for 3-4 mins on each side on a med-high flame, until the marinade & skin turns golden and the fish is cooked through.
6) Serve hot with a fresh crunchy salad of your choice and lime wedges.